At Rowland and Scott, we frequently consult on a wide range of HR, Benefit and Payroll topics and challenges including but not limited to:
- Exempt versus non-exempt employees – Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), including the potential impact of the proposed Overtime Rule;
- 1099 Contractors versus Employees – who is and who is not a 1099 Contractor;
- Development of HR Policies and Procedures, including review of present policies and complete drafting of new/revised policies;
- Employment Offer Letters, including how to maintain the “At Will” relationship;
- Employee Engagement and Performance Management – how to better manage and motivate your workforce;
- Best practices on Recruiting (including Interviews and Background verifications) and Retention;
- “Dos and Don’ts” of employee discipline & terminations;
- Identifying benefit options by studying programs and obtaining strategic advice from consultants;
- Recommending benefit programs to management by studying employee requirements, trends and developments in benefits offered by other peer organizations;
- Assisting management's decision making by analyzing benefit options and predicting future costs;
- Compliance with benefit related federal, state, and local requirements by studying existing and new legislation, obtaining qualified opinions, advising on adherence to legal requirements and advising management on needed action;
- Informing and educating employees on their benefit programs and the true cost of each;
- Maintaining benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits and recording benefit changes;
- Resolving employee questions and challenges through dialogue with employers/employees and by interpreting benefit policies and procedure; and.
- Reconciling benefits accounting by approving billing statements.
Our fees are flexible, including Hourly, Daily, or by Project.
Request More information.